Terms & Conditions
Relationship with Receipt Bank
- Receipt Bank is a trading name of Receipt Bank Limited. Receipt Bank Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales (registered number 7361080) with its registered office at 154-160 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 2DQ.
- When you ("you," or the "User") use Receipt Bank's services, products, and web site (collectively referred to in this document as the "Services"), you enter into a legal agreement with Receipt Bank. This page details the agreement and explains the terms of that agreement.
- Unless we agree with you in writing that your individual terms and conditions are somehow different from the ones outlined in this document (henceforth called the "Terms"), you are bound by this document when using the Services.
- When using the Services, the Terms form a legally binding agreement between you and Receipt Bank. Take time to read them carefully.
- Receipt Bank maintains the right to change or replace the Terms at any time, at its sole discretion. You are responsible for checking and reviewing the Terms regularly to keep updated to any such changes.
Accepting the Terms
- Before using the Services, you must accept the Terms, and you may not use the Services if you do not accept the Terms.
- There are two ways to accept the Terms: by accepting the Terms when Receipt Bank makes this available to you (i.e. during user registration). by using the Services in any capacity.
- When you start using the Services, Receipt Bank will assume that you have accepted the Terms. Once you use the Services you are bound by the Terms until you terminate your relationship with Receipt Bank.
Provision of Services by Receipt Bank
- Receipt Bank shall provide and perform any and all of the Services to you. Receipt Bank may change its Services or add new features in the future. Receipt Bank may sub-contract or assign the provision of any and all of the Services. By agreeing to the Terms, you acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services may change without prior notice to you.
- You acknowledge and agree that Receipt Bank may suspend or discontinue, without prior notice to you and at the sole discretion of Receipt Bank, some or all of its Services, making the Services unavailable to you or other users. If Receipt Bank deems it necessary to discontinue the services it provides due to the highly unlikely event of the Company's closure, you will receive at least 7 days notice before your account is closed. You are not required to inform Receipt Bank if you stop using the Services, and may stop using the Services at any time.
- You acknowledge and agree that if Receipt Bank disables access to your account, you may not be able to use the Services or access your account details, files or other content that may be contained in your account.
- Receipt Bank has not set an upper limit on how many transmissions you may send or receive through the Services or how large the transmissions may be, but you agree that Receipt Bank can set these limits at any time, at Receipt Bank sole discretion.
- Receipt Bank may remove any Content or user accounts at any time and for any reason at the sole discretion of Receipt Bank.
- You acknowledge and agree that Receipt Bank is not an accounting service and, whilst we strive to attain extremely high levels of accuracy, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or correctness of the information extracted from your documents. You agree that you will manually check the accuracy and correctness of the data entered by Receipt Bank before using this data.
Use of the Services by You
- In order to gain access to certain services, you may be required to give Receipt Bank information about yourself. You agree that you will only provide us with information that is accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You shall be required to register with Receipt Bank and select a password before being allowed to access the Service.
- You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted both by the Terms and by any applicable law, regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in relevant jurisdictions.
- You agree to only access (or try to access) and use the Services through interfaces provided by Receipt Bank. You shall not access (or try to access) and use any of the Services through any automated means, including, but not limited to, scripts, robots, or web crawlers.
- You shall not register for more than one user account. You shall not register for a user account on behalf of someone else or on behalf of a group, unless under a special business arrangement with Receipt Bank made prior to the registrations.
- You agree not to use or attempt to use another user's account.
- You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your personal information, or your affiliations with any person or entity.
- You shall not upload, post, transmit, store, or otherwise make available content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that could interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of Receipt Bank, its users or is affiliates.
- You shall not upload post, transmit, store, or otherwise make available content that is pornographic or otherwise explicit in nature.
- Receipt Bank reserves the right to remove any and all explicit content at its sole discretion.
- You agree that you will not submit any content containing information or materials relating to your or anyone else's medical conditions or care and from which an individual can be identified. You further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Receipt Bank and its officers, directors, agents and, employees for any violation of any health insurance legislation.
- You agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, trade, or resell all or any part of the Service for any purpose, including merchandise and hardware sold through the Company.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences of any such breach.
- Receipt Bank has no responsibility to you or to any third party for such breaches or the consequences of such breaches (including losses or damage that Receipt Bank may incur).
- You agree to be responsible for keeping your passwords associated with your Receipt Bank account secret and secure. Receipt Bank may be able to help you retrieve lost passwords, but may not be held responsible or liable if it cannot help locate or reset a lost password.
- You agree that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account, whether you are aware of them or not.
- If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or account, you agree to notify Receipt Bank via e-mail to this address as soon as possible.
- You must be at least 16 years old to be allowed to register and use the Service. If you are not at least 16 years old, you shall not attempt to register.
- Receipt Bank is a paid service whereby you mail receipts which are scanned and processed into your online Receipt Bank account You shall pay for (and in consideration of) Receipt Bank’s provision and performance of the Services. The amount of payment will vary depending on which Services you request. For an undefined period, Receipt Bank is operating a free trial for some of its Services.
- Receipt Bank may change the fees and charges in effect, or add new fees and charges from time to time, but you will be notified in advance if regular charges increase and will be required to opt-in to new pricing. If you are a Receipt Bank member when Receipt Bank charges change, you will have the option of staying on your payment plan.
- You may cancel your account at any time by sending an e-mail requesting account cancellation to here.
- You may cancel your Receipt Bank account at any time and your recurring billing schedule will be ended. There is no cancellation fee, but you are responsible for charges already incurred up until your cancellation, including the pre-payment of the current month of service you have. Receipt Bank is unable to issue refunds after payment is received. Receipt Bank is unable to prorate Receipt Bank, so charges must be paid in full. Refunds may not be given for lost envelopes, or services and privileges associated with them.
- Each Receipt Bank plan has a monthly limit on the number of receipts you may send in per month or as part of a bulk scan (also known as catch-up scan) order. If you send in more receipts than your plan allows, you will be charged a bulk rate, which is specific to your plan level.
- To ensure the fastest and most reliable shipping and scanning, please flatten all receipts business cards and remove all paper clips, staples, taping, and backing paper before mailing your documents. Also please note that you are responsible for sealing your envelope properly, and you understand that overstuffing your envelope may make it more likely that your envelope is damaged in the mail.
- You may not send in receipts for another user. If Receipt Bank determines that you have sent in receipts for another user, they will not be scanned or uploaded, and may not be returned unless the original user gives permission. Usage of one Receipt Bank account by more than one person without consent of the original user may result in account termination without any full or partial refund.
- If you continue to mail receipts to Receipt Bank after canceling your Receipt Bank subscription, they will not be scanned or uploaded into your account, and may not be returned to you unless an agreement is made with Receipt Bank to do so.
- You acknowledge that Receipt Bank makes no guarantee whatsoever regarding scanning time or processing time, though the entire process usually takes under 5 business days. Receipt Bank is unable to predict delays, suspensions, or cancellations of services by the Royal Mail, the carrier of Receipt Bank envelopes.
- Receipt Bank accepts no liability for loss, damage, or inconvenience resulting from delays in shipping or processing, or loss of or damage to receipts or documents during shipping or processing.
- Receipt Bank will scan receipts and paid invoices. If you send in paper receipts without a Payee Name (supplier), Date and Total, that paper may not be scanned or entered into your Receipt Bank account and the data entered may be incomplete. Receipt Bank cannot process letters, lists, manuals, or other documents.
- If you send in illegible receipts they may not be processed correctly into your Receipt Bank account. You recognize that all receipts may not be entered correctly into your account, and that Receipt Bank does not guarantee proper tagging or data entry on any receipts.
- Receipt Bank does not guarantee the accuracy of automatically processed information.
- If you send in receipts with notes or other information on the backs, those back sides may not be scanned or uploaded into your account.
- Receipts that are not in English or UK Pounds will be scanned, but may not be entered properly into your account.
- Receipts with multiple pages will be treated as separate receipts for each page.
- If you send in receipts that need excessive preparation before the scanning process can begin, processing may be delayed or your account may be terminated and payments refunded, at Receipt Bank’s sole discretion
- As long as you keep your password safe, Receipt Bank protects your data so it can only be viewed and accessed by you. Receipt Bank uses 256-bit secure socket layer encryption.
- For your security, do not mail in receipts that have full credit card information printed on them. If any such receipts are received, they may not be scanned or uploaded to your account.
- You acknowledge that Receipt Bank service is provided "as-is" and may not meet your expectations or requirements. In the extremely rare event that this should happen, Receipt Bank accepts no liability for any loss, damage, or inconvenience resulting from your use of the Services.
Privacy and Personal Information
Content in the Services
- You acknowledge and understand that all information (including data files, e-mails, computer software, advertisements, sponsored content and others), which you may have access to when using the Service, are the sole responsibility of the entity from which such content originated.
- Such information will now be referred to as the "Content."
- You may come across Content when using the Service that may be protected by intellectual property rights owned by entities who provide that Content. You may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create any derivative products or services (or parts of products or services) based on this Content.
- If you come across Content when using the Services that may be infringing a copyright, trademark, or patent claim, you agree to notify use of the potential infringement by e-mailing us here as soon as possible. Further, you agree to abide by the rules and guidelines set forth in Receipt Bank copyright policy. Receipt Bank reserves the right to pre-screen, review, filter, modify, flag, refuse, or remove any or all Content from any Service at any time, at the sole discretion of Receipt Bank.
- You understand that when using the Service, you may come across material that you find objectionable, offensive or indecent and that you are using the Service at your own risk.
- You agree that you are solely responsible any Content that you create, transmit or display when using the Service and are responsible for any consequences of such actions.
- You acknowledge and agree that Receipt Bank is the sole proprietor of all legal rights and titles to the Service, including, but not limited to, any intellectual property rights associated with the Service. This ownership applies whether or not those rights are registered and
- wherever in the world the rights may exist.
- You acknowledge and agree that some or all of the Content may be classified as confidential by Receipt Bank and that you shall not disclose such information without expressed, written consent from Receipt Bank.
- Receipt Bank acknowledges and agrees that it does not obtain rights, titles or interest from you on the Content that you submit, post, transmit, or otherwise make available. You agree that you are responsible for making sure your rights regarding the Content are protected and enforced and that Receipt Bank has no responsibility to protect or enforce them on your behalf.
- You shall not use any of Receipt Bank’s trade names, trade marks, service marks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features that are not in accordance with Receipt Bank’s expressed, written consent
- You shall not duplicate, change, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile, or attempt to obtain the source code of Receipt Bank’s software (in whole or in part).
- You shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices that may be found attached to or as a part of some Content.
License from Receipt Bank
- When abiding by the Terms, Receipt Bank allows you to enjoy its Services at a monthly or annual cost (or free for certain Services during trial periods from time to time). This opportunity shall be referred to as the "License." The personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive License is for the sole purpose of allowing you to use and benefit from the Services.
- You shall not assign your rights (wholly or in part) to use the Service to another. You shall not agree to or allow another entity to have a security interest in or over your rights to use the Service, or otherwise transfer or trade any part of your rights to use the Service as detailed in the Terms.
Content License from You
- You will keep copyright and other rights you may already hold in Content that you submit, post, or otherwise make available via the Services. You hereby grant Receipt Bank a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, translate, publish, and distribute any Content that you make available via the Services.
- You understand that in order for Receipt Bank to provide the Service to our users, Receipt Bank may transmit your Content over various public networks and in various media and may make changes to your Content to meet the technological requirements of such networks and media.
Ending Your Relationship with Receipt Bank
- Terms will continue to apply until the user or Receipt Bank terminates the relationship as explained below.
- Receipt Bank may terminate its legal agreement with you under several circumstances:
- If you have not adhered to any or all of the provisions in the Terms, or if it appears that you do not intend to or are unable to comply with the Terms. The decision of whether or not you intend to or are unable to comply will be solely at the discretion of Receipt Bank.
- If Receipt Bank is required to by law
- If the partner that offered services to you in conjunction with Receipt Bank has ended its relationship with Receipt Bank
- If the Service is no longer commercially viable for Receipt Bank
- You acknowledge, agree and understand that you use the Service (including downloading Content) at your own risk and that the Service is provided by Receipt Bank "as is" and "as available" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
- Receipt Bank does not guarantee that the Service will meet your requirements or expectations, that your use of the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or free from errors, that information obtained from the Service will be accurate or reliable or that defects in the software of the Service can or will be corrected.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained when using the Service is obtained at your own risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other device used to access the Service that happens as a result of the obtainment of any such Content.
- Information and advice received from Receipt Bank, its users, or its Content, whether oral or written, shall not constitute any warranty not expressed in the Terms.
Limitation of Liability
- Receipt Bank shall not be liable or responsible for any reliance you place on the completeness, accuracy, or existence of website content or other representations made by partners and third parties or the outcomes of relationships and transactions you may have with partners and third parties.
- Receipt Bank shall not be liable or responsible for any changes Receipt Bank makes to its Service, for any permanent or temporary restrictions or cessations of the Service, or for any harm this may cause you.
- Receipt Bank shall not be liable or responsible for the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store any Content or other data used in or maintained by the Services and you are advised to maintain your own records and copies of Content.
- Receipt Bank shall not be liable or responsible for your failure to provide correct, accurate, and up-to-date account information.
- Receipt Bank shall not be liable or responsible for your failure to keep your password and account information secure.
- The Service may include hyperlinks to other web sites, content or other wp-content. Receipt Bank is not responsible for the content or availability of these third-party wp-content. Receipt Bank does not necessarily endorse any advertising, products or other materials featured, or available on other web sites or wp-content.
- Receipt Bank boxed graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Receipt Bank in the U.K. and/or other countries. They may not be used in connection with any product or service that is likely to cause confusion.
- You agree that Receipt Bank may send you notices via e-mail, regular mail, or alerts within the Services.
- If it is decided in a court of law that one or several of the Terms (or any part of a Term) are in violation of the law, those terms will be changed or deleted as appropriate, but the others will remain as unmodified Terms.
- You agree to use all reasonable endeavours to resolve any dispute in relation to the Services, including speaking to us and trying to resolve the matter, our contact details are on the Receipt Bank website, before issuing any legal proceedings.
- This notice will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.